CODAC Behavioral Health-Wakefield, RI
CODAC believes in saving lives by understanding the whole person. We tailor patient-centered, wrap-around care to meet our patients’ needs. CODAC uses state-of-the-art addiction treatment and healthcare, along with compassionate counseling. We hold out hope for all who need help with addiction throughout Rhode Island.
CODAC has been the front runner in addiction treatment in Rhode Island for over 4 decades. We have 9 locations in two states (RI and MA). CODAC supports its employees’ career growth by providing education and training in the latest treatment modalities and in sponsoring licensure. We execute innovative programs and offer ongoing opportunities for career development in a variety of employment areas. We inspire employees in personal achievement.
As a non-profit organization, CODAC’s benefits package includes: medical and dental insurance, life insurance, a 403b retirement plan, and some tuition reimbursement. Additional benefits include three weeks paid vacation, nine paid holidays, four personal days, earned wellness days annually, and eligibility for student loan forgiveness.
CODAC believes in its team. We welcome you to become a partner in CODAC’s vision
Codac in Wakefield is looking for Addiction Counselors, who want to make a difference
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patient screening, intakes, assessment, treatment planning, counseling, case management, crisis intervention, patient education, facilitate referrals, discharge planning, follow-up after care and record-keeping, orientation, consultation and relapse prevention
- Demonstrate understanding of and adherence to appropriate ethical behavior as stipulated in the CODAC Policy and Procedures Manual
- Demonstrate understanding of and adherence to confidentiality regulations as stipulated in the CODAC Policy and Procedures Manual, Federal Regulation 42CFR part 2 and other pertinent Federal and State laws and regulations
- Maintain individual and group caseloads in accordance with CODAC procedures
- Monitor urine and breathalyzer tests when necessaryHIV pre/post test counseling
- Speaking engagements when required
- Obtain and/or maintain appropriate credentialing and licensure
- Provide basic office tasks, if necessary
- Provide case presentations at clinical meetings
- Obtain and maintain proficiency in Motivational Interviewing
- Document all services, in the patient record, to reflect Health Home and Treatment Services
- Participate in Performance Improvement activities
- Perform other duties as required
Hours are 5:30 am – 2:00 pm or 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
Job Type: Full-time
- Addiction Counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)